Skateboards are manufactured by over 300 different companies. Only a few companies, like Retrospec, Element, Plan B, Girl, and Zero, are acknowledged as the best skateboard brands. However, when you buy skateboards from Retrospec, the question of whether Retrospec is a good skateboard brand instantly arises.
The purpose of this essay was to understand better is Retrospec a good skateboard brand? It is hoped that these pieces of information will help you determine. Let’s find out whether it’s good or not!
Introducing Retrospec Skateboard Brand
Retrospec, one of the fastest-growing brands, specializes in outdoor sports equipment, particularly bikes. They have been in the market since 2008, founded by Ely Khakshouri. Though they started with bikes, they eventually expanded to include other sporting equipment. Later, skateboards were added with the motto-
“Hit the concrete rolling,
Get the road beneath you and the wind behind you in no time.”
However, Because of good quality, eye-catching designs, and affordable price range, they quickly win the confidence and reputation of being a good and reliable skateboard brand. They also provide a 50-day hassle-free return policy. However, if you buy a Retrospec board and use third party wheels, don’t forget to get the best lubricants for skateboard bearings that will help you get the most out of your Retrospec board.
Is Retrospec A Good Skateboard Brand
Yes, there is no doubt that Retrospec is a good skateboard brand. Here, we go through various details regarding the brand to better understand, is Retrospec legit!
If we talk about skateboard quality, undoubtedly, Retrospec doesn’t compromise with quality. There’s no denying the quality of skateboards manufactured by Retrospec.
In fact, almost 80% of 3053 genuine consumers give a 5-star rating for its quality.
However, there were some complaints about the graphics, as they were unable to be customized. The rest of the complaints were about precision bearings. But, the fact is, the manufacturer responded to their complaints and took action immediately. As a brand performance, isn’t it satisfactory enough!
Additionally, if we talk about built-in materials, Retrospec Skateboard decks are made of 8-ply Canadian Maple wood, which is the best in its category. Some are also made of bamboo. The other parts like wheels, trucks, and bearings are manufactured and named by Retrospec. So, it’s quite trustworthy.
Moreover, among the users, the beginners prefer Retrospec skateboards because they are robust, high-quality, easy to operate, and provides a superior ride experience. On the other hand, these skateboards are suitable for various skating techniques and are also reasonably priced, which is preferred by professionals.
The 50 days return policy is one of the most exciting features that is unique about this brand. Therefore, considering all the points, Retrospec is a good brand indeed.
What Makes A Good Skateboard?
A sturdy skateboard deck, pure polyurethane made quality wheels with superior grip, proper spinning of ball bearings for a smooth ride, proper sized metal trucks, a good hold of grip tapes, and perfect assembly makes a good skateboard. That means deck, grip tape, truck, bearings, and wheels, every single part is equally important to make a skateboard good. But if you want to know particularly what makes a good skateboard, It’s the deck and the wheels.
- Sturdy deck: Flexibility and stiffness are both important characteristics of a good deck. It allows the board to respond according to demand. So, its quality means the whole board’s quality. 7-ply Maple wood and bamboo-made decks are the best ones.
- Strong hold of grip tapes: A good grip tape helps the experienced rider maintain balance while staying on the board. So, less grip may break the balance and cause accidents. That’s why a good grip is essential.
- The Polyurethane wheels: unlike plastic wheels, polyurethane wheels are less crackable and last longer. So, it leads to the best performance. Also, the proper durometer and diameter of the wheels are equally crucial in situations. Like, the softer wheels are best for beginners.
- Proper sized metal trucks: The trucks should be sized properly for the accurate response and turn of the board. It should allow the wheel’s outer edge to align with the deck’s outer edge.
- Proper spinning support of bearings: Quality wheels are useless unless you have suitable bearings like ABEC-7 bearings that support the wheels to spin smoothly on the axle. So, clean and free bearings are a must.
Beginning with a simple question such as, “Is Retrospec a good skateboard brand?” and brought the story to a close. Retrospec is a good board manufacturer, and that should be clear. It’s important to them that their skateboard is of good quality and performs quietly. Whether it’s excellent or not is now up to you. Becasue everyone has a signature move and not every board can meet that move perfectly.